Yes4All Wooden Wobble Balance Board
Great for balance training
Durable, non slip surface
360 degree rotation and 15 degree tilting angle
Sportneer Wooden Balance Board
Durable with no-skid surface
360 degree rotation
Improves core strength & posture
ProFitness Wooden Balance Board
Improves core strength
Supports injury recovery
Best wobble boards
Physical fitness has become a significant concern in the last few years. That is because multiple studies have been conducted and show that sports and fitness can prolong your life and make you healthier in general. It is not news, but that seems to be the tendency, to become healthier. As for that, there are multiple ways to become fit and maintain your health. You can go to the gym, take up jogging, or do some yoga. Whichever way you choose to go, you cannot go wrong.
Other people are required to work out as a result of injuries when they need some rehabilitation. When legs are involved, you can use wobble board. It is a simple but brilliant piece of equipment that has been proved to improve balance. Also, studies show that a wobble board can help you recover from ankle sprains, as well as preventing other such injuries. You do not even have to use it for long.
But what is a wobble board exactly? It is also known as a balance board and consists of two parts. The top part is the surface you are standing on, so it is flat. The bottom part, on the other hand, is smaller and roundly shaped so that it makes the top surface unstable. What you need to do is hop on the top surface and use your leg muscles to balance yourself. It may seem difficult at first, but once you get the hang of it, you will have no issues in maintaining your balance.
The advantages of using a wobble board.
For such a simple item, the wobble board can bring a lot of benefits. Just to paint a clearer picture, here is how you can benefit from using a balance board.
- Fix your equilibrium – the equilibrium is your body’s center of balance. You use it more than you know, whether you are using your large motor skills such as walking and running or your fine motor skills, your equilibrium is involved. However, some injuries can affect it, and you are required to fix it in order to have perfect functions. You can do that with the best wobble board you can buy. Your brain will work harder to help you keep your balance on the board, which is why the equilibrium must operate at full capacity. That is how you get it back.
- Train your coordination – athletes that play sports which require all the body to work together (like tennis) can benefit a great deal from using a wobble board. How is that? Well, when you are on the board, all your muscles need to work together to keep you standing. That way they learn how to coordinate themselves. After a while training your coordination, your muscles will know what to do. After all, they have a memory of their own.
- Improve your reaction time – when you practice standing on the wobble board, your body is always prepared to react in case you lose your balance. That will help you improve that skill. Your body will be more alert than before, which may come in handy in some sports. For example, if you compete in races, your response time at the start will be better if you use the wobble board.
- You can prevent injuries – there are multiple studies in which the researchers found that a wobble board can help with ankle sprains. One of the studies focused on volleyball players who trained on wobble boards. As a result, they did not suffer from ankle sprains as much as before.
- Just for fitness – while there are medical benefits to using a wobble board, nobody says you cannot use the board just for training your balance. It can never hurt to train on such a board, especially since it can be so beneficial for you.
What to consider when looking for the best wobble board
You should probably know that not all balance boards are the same. Wobble boards are just a sub-category, but there are multiple kinds of such products. However, I find that wobble boards are the best kind, mainly because it allows you a 360-degree movement. Others allow you to must just from side to side, for example. When you decide that you want the best wobble board, there are a few things you need to take into consideration. Not all wobble boards are alike, which is why you need to know how to filter. Here is what you should pay attention to.
- Size – not all wobble boards are the same because not all people using them are the same. They come in various sizes, but the most commonly used board is the 15.5-inch. It has plenty of space where to place your feet, and this one can be used by a broad range of ages. However, that does not mean you cannot find smaller or larger boards. All you need is to search for the size you want.
- Weight capacity – this is very important because you can injure yourself severely if the board breaks under you. Weight capacity is listed among the products specifications, so make sure that you read them carefully. You can find wobble boards with a capacity of up to 350 pounds.
- Angle – the angle of a wobble board is determined by its height. The higher the board, the more prominent the angle. However, it seems that a 12-20 degree inclination will suffice, and only experienced users should use a higher board. Also, there are models that come with an adjustable angle. All you have to do is adjust the height of the bottom part. If you do go for a more significant inclination, just make sure that you take all safety precautions.
- Non-slip surface – this is yet another crucial aspect. In fact, my advice is to never purchase a wobble board that does not feature a non-slip surface. Why? Think about it. On a wobble board, you struggle to maintain your balance as it is. Slipping on its surface can lead to severe injuries, and not only to your legs. Fortunately, most boards come with an adherent surface so that it prevents sliding.
No matter what you do, just remember to be safe. A wobble board can be dangerous for beginners, which is why my advice is to use something as support when you first use it. Of course, that comes with its dangers as well since you can fall and hit whatever you use for support, but as long as you are careful, you should be fine. After a while, you will get the hang of it, and you will not need any help.
What are the best wobble boards?
There are countless models online, which is why you may be confused and not know which one to pick. My opinion is that as long as you follow simple criteria, you should be able to make the right choice. However, if you do not know where to start from, I searched and found three excellent models that I think you will like. Hopefully, you will love one of them and make a purchase. You have nothing to lose.
Yes4All Wooden Wobble Balance Board
Just as the title suggests, the wobble board from Yes4All is made of wood, but there can be no question about quality and durability. It is an excellent product that will help you improve your core strength and posture, train your coordination, sense of balance, and your visual sense. Moreover, you can target the muscles, ligaments, tendons and the joints of your legs. Funny how a simple thing such as a wobble board can do all that, is it not?
The board is made of premium wood, which makes it extremely durable. At the same time, the anti-slip pad on the top surface will ensure a secure grip so that you can be safe at all times. It has a diameter of 15.75 inches, which is more than enough for both feet, and a 4-inch height. As for weight capacity, the Yes4All board can withstand a weight of maximum 300 pounds.
With this wobble board, you can perform 360 degrees movements. The tilt angle is 15 degrees, which means you can balance your body side to side, up to front, or even complete circular drills. Overall, this is a versatile and compact balance board. It is lightweight, so you can take it with you when you travel. You can use it both inside the house or outdoors. The board is available in multiple colors.
Sportneer Wooden Balance Board
The Sportneer wobble board is very similar to the previous product. It will help you improve your physical fitness, but it can also be used as a rehabilitation tool when you injure your lower leg joints. It is an ideal sports equipment for homes because it does not need much storage space, but since it is lightweight and portable, you can take it with you at the gym.
The board is made of highly durable wood. You do not have to worry about it cracking under your body’s weight. However, unlike the previous board, this one can handle only 250 pounds of weight, so if you weigh more than that, I recommend that you look for another wobble board. As for the surface, this board also comes with a non-slip surface. That way the only thing you need to worry about is your own balance.
The wobble board from Sportneer will allow you to balance yourself however you like. It features a 360-degree rotation. What is different from the previous model is that this one allows a 10-20 degrees tilt angle. To sum up, this is an excellent product that is ideal for homes, rehabilitation centers, and gyms. The colors available are black and blue.
ProFitness Wooden Balance Board
I think that you already noticed a pattern, and that is that I like wooden wobble boards. What is there not to like? They are durable, but the most important thing is that they are lightweight. The effect is the same. It will improve your core strength, it will help you with your back and hips, and even your abs will look better. Everything will improve, from your appearance to your balance and coordination.
The board weighs a bit under three pounds, which makes it one of the lightest wobble boards on the market. At that weight, you can take it anywhere with you. It measures 15.5 inches in diameter and is 3.1 inches high. The weight capacity is 330 pounds, which I think is enough for a regular person.
The surface of the board features a non-slip pad so that you cannot slip and injure yourself. It can be used by everyone, including children over four years old, but I guess that that is possible because of its small height which ensures a low tilt angle. Overall, this is yet another product that is worthy of your attention.
I can honestly say that I like the ProFitness Wooden Balance Board. I think that a low tilt angle is the way to go for beginners, which most of you are. That may be a pure supposition, but I am guessing that if you are an advanced user, you would know what to buy without consulting an online guide. With that being said, I believe that the board from ProFitness is one of the best wobble boards you can buy. It is cheap, efficient, and safe. I am sure that you will appreciate just as much as I do.
A wobble board may seem a simple item, and I do not deny that it is, but it can help you a lot. Are you a clumsy person with balance problems? The best wobble board will fix that? Do you want to recover from an injury? Sure, no problem. A wobble board will help you with that as well. It can do a lot of things for a simple unstable piece of wood. All you need to do is make a choice. I am sure that whichever one you choose, you will be satisfied. Click here to buy on Amazon